Gloster Javelins

I'm ecstatic that the October SAMi has a Javelin article. I found out some stuff that I didn't know before and just in time to save me from screwing something up. Now my question: Does any aftermarket outfit make a plug for the Mk.7's rear fuselage? I feel the need to add one to the fleet.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

The short answer is "I don't think so". The longer answer is that Maintrack have had two goes at one:

The 1993 Hannants catalogue lists a conversion (MX7218) for 12.25 UK (compared to 9.50 UK for the Mk.1/4/5 and Mk.2/6 conversions), not sure if these were for the Frog Novo FAW.9 or Heller T.3, but I suspect they provided front fuselages for the latter (and a new rear fuselage for the more expensive Mk.7 kit). The 2001 Hannants catalogue also lists one, same serial number, for 4.99 UK (compared to 4.99 UK for the 1/4/5 and 7.99 UK for the 2/6 conversions (I suspect these provide new exhausts for the Airfix FAW.9, but I've never seen them). No sign of them on the Hannants website at the moment though.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

just to add to what jon has said on this thread.....

airwaves do a neat set of javelin airbrakes and a cockpit set in 1/72 scale etched brass. you can find airwaves on the net. they are run by ed models of shirley, solihull. these are excellent for improving the breed.

with the Javelin models i have, a go at the thin wing javelin that was proposed in the early 1960's is the #1 attempt using an airfix Javelin T3 as a starting point.

trevor

Reply to
87015