George Sellios' layout

Wine sausage???

Did you know that polar bear fur is made up of almost clear filaments? They basically take the colour of their surroundings through reflection - I suggest you check your bedroom curtains for wayward polar bears!!!

There have to be modelling possibilities for polar bear hair, but collecting the raw materials might pose a problem for most of us wooses!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Actually, some bear in a zoo OD on some drugs and turned purple the other day. Looked like a cross between barney and a vermont teddie bear.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Stewart

What is it with you Procter? What are you so angry about? What goes on between the USA and Iraq, et al is none of your affair in the first place. That is if we are to believe your isolationist views. Since when is it any skin off your ass? You are raising hell about someone else meddling in someone else's business that has no effect on you. That in itself is unwarranted meddling. Now, you are entitled to an opinion, I suppose, but you have stated it to excruciating redundancy. Since it is really none of your business anyway, why don't you just sit on your ass in New Zealand, ignore the rest of the world and hope to God that it leaves you alone. As far as US politics, foreign policy, war waging and George Bush is concerned, you are not entitled to any explanation or justification and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Spring is right around the corner. Soon, you can get back out and about again and forget all about this. In fact, you should be out playing in the snow right now instead of having a stroke over our affairs.

...............F>

Reply to
Froggy

Hey D,

It's because he can't do anything that makes him so angry. It's the real problem with only one "superpower" and why many are angry with the USA. During the cold war all the "allies" were buddies; now we're squabbling like most families when there is no MAJOR perceived threat.( I don't perceive Korea as a threat, YET)

In reality we have more friends in Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand than anyone realizes. After all we are all ex-colonies of Great Britain and we are only separated by a common language.

He makes one good point. Hussein aside, our interest in the Middle East is about oil. No oil(or if we ever find adequate alternates) and the ME will disappear from CNN.

I personally don't like it that old men(from all sides) make decisions that send young people off to fight in battles not of their making. But it seems that is the way it always has been. Who says wisdom comes with age?

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@thep : What is it with you Procter? : What are you so angry about? : What goes on between the USA and Iraq, et al is none of your affair in the first : place. That is if we are to believe your isolationist views. Since when is it any : skin off your ass? You are raising hell about someone else meddling in someone : else's business that has no effect on you. That in itself is unwarranted meddling. : Now, you are entitled to an opinion, I suppose, but you have stated it to : excruciating redundancy. Since it is really none of your business anyway, why don't : you just sit on your ass in New Zealand, ignore the rest of the world and hope to God : that it leaves you alone. : As far as US politics, foreign policy, war waging and George Bush is concerned, you : are not entitled to any explanation or justification and there isn't a damn thing you : can do about it. : Spring is right around the corner. Soon, you can get back out and about again and : forget all about this. In fact, you should be out playing in the snow right now : instead of having a stroke over our affairs.

: ...............F>

Reply to
S C Sillato

Guilty of THOUGHT crimes?! You're starting to sound like Commissar Rathburne.

Eric

Brian Paul Ehni wrote:

Perhaps they are not personally guilty for those crimes. However, there IS a movement in Germany that denies the holocaust happened, and today's Germans ARE guilty of that.

Reply to
Eric

Keep this up, and you'll be next...

We'll have the whole place and be deep into our chilly bins by 4 p.m. on the first day...

Jeff Sc. Dominatrix, Ga.

Don't bother to reply via email...I've been JoeJobbed.

Reply to
crosstie

Yeah. Root out Al-Qaeda, capture them, put them on trial, convict them fairly, imprison them for life + 100 years. Keep the world's good will.

I'd take a soldier who fufilled his Good thing, too. Can you imagine Gore's response to 9/11? No clue. You don't happen to have the voting records handy, do you?

Reply to
Eric

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 05:07:56 UTC, "Jim Stewart" wrote: 2000

Try Nehi. Better yet use the spelling, don't try the Nehi.

Reply to
Ernie Fisch

Would be interested, Jim. Perhaps I can exchange some Calabrian ones with you? But I'm also after traditional British recipes.

But can't resist adding - how do I prepare the Sicilian peasant? :)

Steve

Reply to
Steve Magee

Oh yeah - wash your hands immediately after!!!!

Steve (Who once - and only once - forgot to wash them!!}

Reply to
Steve Magee

Fascinating discussion in this thread about polar bears.

Features columnist L.M. Boyd, who writes for Easton, Pa.-based Express-Times, had this tidbit in his daily column on polar bears on August 8, 2003:

"What's curious about polar bear's fur is it absorbs nearly all the ultraviolet rays for heat even as it reflects visible light so it appears white."

Incidentally, polar bears are the only bears that will actively (i.e., deliberately) attack humans.

Dieter Zakas

Reply to
Hzakas

Too late, you've already threatened us several times this year.

Of course. The only thing worse would be you threatening to defend us!

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Very lame response Greg, very lame. Full of rhetoric, empty of facts. When I run your text through the BS filter, nothing much comes out the other end. Perhaps it would be better for all concerned if you took your ill-informed and emotional rantings to another newsgroup where this sort of thing is on topic. For what it's worth, you might consider getting your operating system to work to perfection on your model railway first and then take on the USA after that. Lenz make a very good DCC system in Germany, so you don't have to muck about with the bloody Yanks.

...............F>

Reply to
Froggy

It was the gag message about "Men: beware of women trapping men for sex with a substance called Beer"

One noted that support groups can be found at local golf courses.

I noted how women are selling beer there also.

So even at the "support group" they're trying to trap you!

Jay CNS&M Wireheads of the world, unite!

Reply to
JCunington

I don't know it for a fact, but I've heard there are laws in Germany that make it a crime to deny the Showa (Holocaust).

Jay CNS&M Wireheads of the world, unite!

Reply to
JCunington

Stuff with breadcrumbs and herbs, bake at 350 F until done. Figure 20 minutes per pound. Oh, you said PEASANT. Too stringy. No fat on 'em. Don't do it.

Jay CNS&M Wireheads of the world, unite!

Reply to
JCunington

I don't think so Dieter. Ursus horribilis has a long record of being a man-eater. Ursus maritimus is in a more pressing position to eat whatever is edible and is almost exclusively carnivorous; by necessity more than choice. They will, like most other bears, eat anything that is edible, including berries and seeds. Polar bears, like their southern Brown bear and Black bear cousins, will readily feed from garbage dumps if given the opportunity. Neither species are known to regularly ride trains.

...............F>

Reply to
Froggy

"Hzakas"

Food!

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

At least they don't buy tickets. Most conductors would leave them alone....

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart