Gorre and Daphetid

The analogy is meaningless. The only person making any claims about Beethoven's music is Don. I have no opinions about his symphonies, pro or con.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Terry Flynn wrote: >

If you have anything to say, do so via e-mail, or in person. I'm not wasting any more time trading slurs and insults with you on any newsgroup. Likewise, if you want to see my layouts, come and visit me, as I have suggested previously. The ball is in your court.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Only as much as you believe music has advanced since 1807.

Reply to
wannandcan

Mark, you are obviously a master layout builder, so tell us, which magazines have written up your layout? Are there any pictures of your work? anywhere?

Reply to
wannandcan

That 99% of the model railroaders view John Allen's work as art. While you view it as dated junk.

Reply to
wannandcan

"Classical" music sure hasn't!

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

LOL! Really? 99%? And what do you base that assertion on?

Your words, Will, not mine.

Reply to
Mark Newton

snipped-for-privacy@CreditValley.Railway wrote: >>

I have no beliefs regarding music's advancement since 1807. Why not address my actual comments, instead of ascribing remarks to me that I did not make?

Reply to
Mark Newton

I have an album full of them.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Let's take a poll

Yes = for the G&D as a work of art No = against the G&D as a work of art

I'll kick it off:

Hell, YES!

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Salvé "Brian Paul Ehni" skrev i meddelandet news:BCBC5B6D.7A27% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net...

YES Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

WOOF!! Greg is a busy little beaver:

- self-appointed keeper of the planetary vocabulary - self-appointed newsgroup moderator - self-appointed air space cop - self-appointed defender of New Zealand mutton

Abandon his post!? He has far too many bizarre positions to expound.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

I've only seen a few pictures of it but, it looks pretty good to me ... what ever you call it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Three - Zip!

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Hell yes.

Reply to
wannandcan

So when are you going to post some and share your treasures with us? Most modelers are proud of their acomplishments and would love to show the world. When I get something more than bare wood and 6' of cork roadbed done, I will be posting pictures on both The Gauge and Railroad-Line Forums.

Reply to
wannandcan

And then there is his deputy commander, Mark, with the awesome layout no one has seen.

Reply to
wannandcan

YES!

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

a true work of art, and far ahead of it's time. without people like John where would we be today????

Paul

Reply to
Fisty Nickle

Why does a Layout have to be in a Magazine to be good???????? i would hope that any of us here who has ever built a layout would think of it as good. no i hope they think of what they did as damn good.

Paul

Reply to
Fisty Nickle