1:240 (approx) scale figures, accessories, etc?

Wikipedia says otherwise

Wayne

What does that have to do with the ardument? Servcies are not wastage. They aren't production either. They're services; honest work too.

Yes is was and still is to some extent.

Reply to
Wayne

Less.

Zero - none - nil.

That's of no more relevance to us than yto you.

You have GWBush , and you _voted_ for him. LOL.

Reply to
Greg Procter

1947-1948 - near enough - I wasn't around at the time.
Reply to
Greg Procter

Wikipedia is about as reliable a source as an White House Press Briefing.....

Reply to
<Franz T>fht

You could send them to the states next year, I understand the Republican Party is looking for more senate candidates......

Reply to
<Franz T>fht

It's more a democracy that your system.

Reply to
Greg Procter

They steal from the producers at a rate greater than thei share. (which answers your "what does that have ..." question)

As is the USa.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I had a quick read and as far as I could see it was vaguely accurate with the exception of many details, the overall picture and the general impression.

Reply to
Greg Procter

That bad, eh? :-)

Reply to
marknewton

"Ooh, you are *awful*!" - with apologies to Dick Emery.

Still, you know what they say, better latent than never!

Reply to
marknewton

I read a little deeper into this matter, and was horrified with what I learned. Basically, because of their Queen, Australia and New Zealand,among other former colonies, are bigoted Monarchies, not unlike Israel and many of the Muslim states. You've got a Queen, with her image on military and police badges, all of the currency, in every court room and government building, with new citizens, every politican and all military personnell bending a knee and swearing and oath of allegience to her, while upholding the law that no stinking subhuman Roman Catholic can ever be the Monarch of New Zealand nor Australia, nor even married to the Monarch of Australia or New Zealand; just like no "Goyem" (Jewish word for Cattle (animals); also the Jewish word for non-Jews, get the equivalency?), can ever been the head of state of Israel; just like no "Infidels" came ever be the head of state of Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc. etc. etc..

I'm gonna email my Senators, Congressman and President daily demanding that we get out of the ANZUS Treaty until the government of Australia gets rid of their bigoted government discrimination policies and allows all people equal right and opportunities.

Reply to
Wayne

Maybe we have different definitions for services? When I hear services, I think of people who perform services for a living, like people who work im restruants, people who work in stores they don't own, people who pump gas or fix cars in places they don't own, etc. These people usually don't make a lot of money, although some people perfroming services, like surgeons, do make a lot of money.

Reply to
Wayne

WTF have you been reading???

Your "not unlike" is _very_ broad brush!

True.

Are you sure? Whatever.

True. One has to put something on coins and notes.

True.

Is that right - i haven't been a new citizen since the morning I was born.

Don't you lot swear on your flag or something???

I'm all for that - but the Catholic church getting humungously rich on the backs of poor people is another argument.

Oh dear - we're undone!

You lot tossed out the ANZUS treaty agreement decades ago.

Anyway, we New Zealanders will toss out our Monarchical system as soon as someone comes up with a better system.

Reply to
Greg Procter

No, those are all services, as are banks, insurance companies, consultants, land agents, used car salesmen, politicians ...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against services, but the proportion of any given economy engaged in services must relate to production - again divided into 'primary' and 'secondary'.

Reply to
Greg Procter

which says

This legislation lays out the rules that the Monarch cannot be a Roman Catholic, nor married to one, and must be in communion with the Church of England upon ascending the throne.

As New Zealand's rules of succession are identical to those of the United Kingdom (by the Statute of Westminster) see Succession to the British Throne for more information.

which says

Succession to the throne is by male-preference primogeniture, and governed by the provisions of the Act of Settlement, as well as the English Bill of Rights. This legislation restricts the succession to the natural (i.e. non-adopted), legitimate descendants of Sophia, Electress of Hanover (1630-1714), a granddaughter of James I, and lays out the rules that the Monarch cannot be a Roman Catholic, nor married to one, and must be in communion with the Church of England upon ascending the throne.

Yeah, something like that.

I'm not sure how rich they are, being the largest health care provider in the world, etc., but nobody's puttng a gun to the heads of the poor people and stealing their money. If poor people want to buy the unproven claims of the RCC Corporation, or the Anglican Corporation for that matter, hook, line and sinker, then maybe they deserve to be poor.

It has been said that the U.S. has the richest poor people in the world, the vaste majority having multi storied mutli room homes, with electricity, indoor plumbing with clean hot and cold running water, central heat, air conditioning, cable color TV with 50-300 channels, cell phones, cars, carpeting, retired at age 17, free checks in the mailbox every month, medical care provided etc. etc., all free or heavily subsidized by the government, with their kids getting a free education at a cost at least as much or more than 95% of the rest of our kids get spent on them at their schools ($12,000 a year per student, Kindergarten thru 12th grade.........and most of them are still dump as a stump and 25% of the males are criminals by the time they quit school. I have no sympathy for poor people here. Each one of them are "poor" because of the bad decisions they choose to make every day of their lives.

No, it's just the best argument I could come up with based on the little amount of material I could find :-)

Over here, us males have been slowly demasculated with the political correctness for 50 years or more, and to find out that the British Empirte still has religious discrimination at the highest level, like the Jews and Muslims have, comes as a surprise, but I guess I shouldn't be, because the surpression of rights and freedoms is the only way Dictators and Monarchs can stay in power.

We have a couple or items in our Constitution prohibiting Monarchies and their excesses.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.

The continued use of Esquire by lawyers here is just one of the many reasons people hold them in such low esteem.

Because

In February 1985, New Zealand refused nuclear-powered or nuclear-armed ships access to its ports. New Zealand became a Nuclear-free zone in June 1987, the first Western-allied state to do so.[10] [11] [12] In 1986 the United States announced that it was suspending its treaty security obligations to New Zealand pending the restoration of port access.

Reply to
Wayne

True. I believe our standard of living is being slowly eroded because the ruling elite provide the cash the politicians need to get elected and reelect, and thus they get the laws they want and paid for, which include movign the factories off shore with guarantees of no import duties when shipping the products back here for sale. Thus most of the factory jobs, which paid more than the service jobs, are now gone. In my father's day, a young male could have nothing but a high school education, or less, and still get a good factory job and earn enough at a young age to buy a house, a car, and get married. No more. It's tough to get by on a service job for a small agricutural operation. My father grew up on a 160 acre wheat farm in Kansas. No electricity. Out house. Today, most of those farms have been bought by larger operations who graze cattle on the land, and the kid and grandkids of the former farmers no longer farm, because you can't live what today is considered a middle class life on a 160 acre wheat farm.

So, I guess you would primary production is agriculture and mining / oil, with secondary production manufacturing? That's what I would call it.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Sure, the Monarch is the head of the Anglican Church. It dates back to when Henry the Eighth split from the R/C church.

Sure, but the Monarch is largely irrelevant to everyday life, legislation and government so we haven't bothered to change anything. The system works so why change it?

That's no problem. I also have ancestors from Hannover so it suits me.

Flag-Monarch, what's the difference?

Are you sure? The Roman Catholic church runs a system of tything (sp?) which R/Cs are tied into from childhood.

Err, the R/C church targets the poor to pay to the rich.

Yeah, but you yanks say some really stupid things about yourselves!

Huhh?

That sounds uncomfortable!

You have a very simplistic view of life!

I'm poor because I got run down by an unlicenced driver with no money and no insurance 32 years ago. All I have is accident insurance based on my 1976 income and whatever I can earn on the side. Exactly what "bad decision" did I make?

The British Empire died between the start of WWI and 1948.

The British Monarchy exists for a quite different reason.

Sure, but your nation was founded on events surrounding Mad King George.

And yet your government apparently does under the guise of "Terrorisim".

As I said, you yanks withdrew from the ANZUS treaty.

Reply to
Greg Procter

You read what - Wikipedia? LOL!

Yeah, I can imagine you'd be horrified by learning.

This is bullshit, you're wrong.

This is also bullshit, you're wrong again.

with new citizens, every > politican and all military personnell bending a knee and swearing and > oath of allegience to her, while upholding the law that no stinking subhuman > Roman Catholic can ever be the Monarch of New Zealand nor Australia, > nor even married to the Monarch of Australia or New Zealand; just > like no "Goyem" (Jewish word for Cattle (animals); also the Jewish > word for non-Jews, get the equivalency?), can ever been the head of > state of Israel; just like no "Infidels" came ever be the head of > state of Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc. etc. etc.. >

Reply to
marknewton

You're wrong, that's bullshit.

You're wrong again, that's also bullshit.

in every court room and government building,

You're wrong again, that's also bullshit.

You're absolutely wrong about that, that's also bullshit.

Who gives a f*ck? Catholic, Protestant - they're all dimwitted god-botherers.

Yeah, like they'd take you and your ravings seriously.

Reply to
marknewton